Welcome to Life Be Crrr-azy, my Writer Roni rants and ramblings about the craziness of life. Because, really, wouldn't you rather laugh than cry?!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Hallelujah!

   I finally got my memoir -- Life Gone South (when I ran away to live at the beach and be a writer) -- downloaded and ready to go on CreateSpace!!  It's been three long weeks of trial and error, cussing and crying, to get everything right on the interior of the book.  For any of you out there wanting to self-publish on CreateSpace, here's a tip they don't tell you:  no matter what form you download your book in, CreateSpace transforms it into a PDF which will cause the entire "native file" (as CS calls your downloaded document) to repaginate.  So if you can download your file as a PDF, you will save yourself lots of headaches!  It felt so wonderful to turn the pages online like I will actually have a real book, to see the mock-up of the cover like it will look on my bookshelf.  I still have to wait for the final review before distribution can begin, but it should be within 48 hours (unless I've really screwed something up I don't know about yet!).  I will post when my memoir is actually for sale so people can buy a copy and read all the juicy details of my Myrtle Beach adventure as a beach babe and writer.  Then after a much needed rest, I will screw up my courage yet again to start CreateSpacing my novel.  Wish me luck, please?!
   Hallelujah, too, that we've gotten several mini-showers the past few days!  Not enough to make a dent in the drought for sure, but it's a start.  This morning after a 5-minute sprinkle, there were so many ants huddled up on the little bit of water standing on the driveway that it looked like a big black swarming puddle.  Gross.  I've heard that we've got cooler temperatures and maybe more rain coming -- BRING IT ON!
   Wishing yall a cooler, wetter, crrr-azy fun weekend wherever you live!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your comment anonymously. All comments are appreciated!